weeks FIVE AND SIX

Hola hola I'm back! Since I missed last week's blog, yall get a double feature today!

Not the craziest two weeks I've had, but there were a few exciting events. I went on a mini tour of Vina with some local friends from my art class, we ate some pizza and visited Quinta Vergara (a park with a museum and concert venue!).



Two weekends ago, we had a birthday party for Tom. A local soccer game (go Wanderers!) and surprise sandwiches and cake. Happy birthday Tom! Sunday was spent at the beach, sketching and napping- it's a hard life out here...





Classes are going well! In our dance class, we are preparing for September 18th, Fiestas Patrias, the day Chile began working towards its independance. Next week, we don't have school so that we can celebrate all week- dancing the Cueca and drinking Terremoto and Piscola! We also visited the oldest library in Valparaiso (we had the most fun in the Wawateca- the baby library).




Making lots of phone calls home- I miss you all! I can't believe I'm already 1/3 of the way done with my trip! Crazy how time flies!! Friends from school, friends that have graduated, Kyle working hard, and of course the kitties back home too (and my daily facetimes to my sisters which are not pictured). 


Some other memories the past two weeks- wild rides on the micro (have never felt carsick so often in my life), card games before art class in a beautiful courtyard, and blooming flowers everywhere (smell SO good!). Lots of mochaccinos, this AWESOME pizzeria dangerously close to my home, and so many puppies everywhere!!





This week, Alaina, Tom and I went and explored Salta del Agua- an amazing little hike only 45 minutes from Vina, to see the Mirador Waterfall. It was a bit sketchy on the way down, but we made it! Beautiful views, we made some yummy sandwiches, and I found these button-like acorns on the trail! We finished the day with some ice cream, as one always has to do.






That's all from now! Thanks for reading! Miss you all!!

Chao chao from me and Pepa







Comments

  1. Awww love these updates!! we miss you so much and can’t wait to visit you!!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. Have fun skiing with dad. Miss you. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely killing it in Chile even when we're sickly

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Adios!

Week ONE!

Week TWO!