week SEVEN

 Happy week 7!!

This week was an extra-special week because I had my first visitor- Dad!!!


My beginning of the week was boring and full of anticipation and packing. However, my dance teachers were very kind and threw us a little party for the 18th- we danced and ate food and played games
! I was also a bit sick, so I spent a lot of time with Pepa in my room, trying to get better before Dad got here! 



Dad flew in Thursday morning, so I took the bus out to meet him. We decided to head to el Parque Metropolitano de Santiago, where we got endless cable car rides, a visit to a beautiful cathedreal, and a zoo (with llamas!) all for $11.50 each!


Of course, we had to stop at my favorite taco restaurant, La Bestia, so that Dad could experience the deliciousness of it. Muy rico!!



After lunch, we made our way back to collect our many bags, and walk the 1/2 mile to our Airbnb. It may seem like a short distance, but with 2 suitcases, and ski gear for the both of us, it was a bit of a trek through the city...




Friday was our first day of skiing. We woke up early to make the 7:30 bus, and started our 1.5 hour drive there. The roads were quite windy...but we were pumped!



The snow on Friday was just immaculate. Fresh pow, not too much, first tracks all day, an empty resort, and perfect temperature- we couldn't have asked for a better day. One may say the best day on skis that either of us has ever had... It was absolutely incredible.


After a very epic, awesome day, we slept the entire drive home, enjoyed some yummy takeout Thai food, and watched the sunset and our favorite TV show, The Pitt. I also ate several pieces of the Halloween candy that dad brought me.


Saturday we drove to the neighboring mountain, La Parva, for another fantastic day. A bit busier than the day before, we got the privilege to watch racers practice from all over the world. This day, my top speed on the mountain was 50.4 mph (probably my new record...). No complaints about this day (except for the sunburn...)!


There were some pretty steep t-bars this past weekend- hold on for dear life! (while looking at the most beautiful views!!). Dad was also my professional photographer, and knows the drill to take all the angles, as a girl-dad often does.


Our last day skiing, we decided to go back to Valle Nevado, because it was so perfect the first day. It did not disappoint, however we were fully cooked by the end of the day. Never in my life have I had such an incredible skiing experience. 


We ended Dad's visit with a food tour of Santiago. He got to try all of my favorites- completos, empanadas, pastel de choclo, and I got to try some new things too- like the very interesting drink, Mote (peach juice and barley). A visit to a museum, cathedral, and more walking around the city left us pretty pooped. Santiago is a beautiful city with so much to offer, and so many adventures right outside!


I had such a fun and amazing visit with my Dad. I am so grateful to share this new exciting life with the people I love, and I'm so happy that my Dad and I were able to do our favorite hobby together, here. Seeing my family makes me so extremely happy, and the goodbyes are so hard, but it is just a reminder of what is waiting for me when I finish these months abroad. Thank you for the endless support and for visiting me Dad, I love you very much.


P.S. Pepa was extremely excited when I returned back to Viña:) 
Chao!

























Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Adios!

Week ONE!

Week TWO!