week EIGHT
FELICES FIESTAS PATRIAS!!
This week in Chile we celebrated their independence day ALL WEEK LONG. Us international students had no classes, which was a nice break (from my very difficult challenging schedule than I normally have...).
I spent the first few days resting after my trip with dad, and waiting for all my friends to come back from the Atacama. I did some trip planning, took a few long walks on the beaches, gave myself a little haircut, and got to catch up on Ted Lasso.
Once everyone was back home, the party began. Near my house, there is a horse racetrack called Sporting. It was completely transformed to a fair/carnival to celebrate, and hundreds of people went. I met up with a bunch of international students, and met some new Chilean friends!We spent all afternoon eating and drinking (the abuelas kept giving us lots of drinks, despite our protests...), while Patrick and Carolina barbequed TONS of carne asado. Gilda and the rest of the abuelas were in the kitchen preparing the rest of the dishes. They all refused our help when we tried, as abuelas do, and we were told to sit and drink more.
A few hours later, we enjoyed a tremendous dinner. There was enough food to feed all of Chile: two types of steak, chorizos, and pork ribs. An avocado celery apple salad, green bean salad, potatoes, tomatoes, and more. And of course, more beer, wine and sangria. Our meal lasted approximately 3 hours. To finish it off, we had a blueberry cheesecake and berry cake for dessert, with tea and coffee. When I got home, Gilda offered me Cola de Mono (coffee, milk and a spirit), which I politely declined, as it was already in my bed and didn't need a drop more of alcohol.
Chao from me and Pepa!
I missssss you!!🩷
ReplyDelete