Week TWO!
¡Buen día a todos!
Week two is all wrapped up- the first week of classes! So far I am taking four classes: Spanish, Latin American Film, Chilean Dance, and Drawing 2. Wahoo! All of my professors are amazing and kind, most everything is spoken in Spanish and it’s all quite fun- especially the dancing…
I finally bought some running sneakers (zapatillas) and have been enjoying my jog to the beach in the mornings (my classes don’t start until 11:45!), where I can watch the fisherman off the pier.
Some new foods I’ve been trying: Completos (basically hot dogs covered in avocado, tomatoes, and LOTS of mayo- LOTS). Very delicious. One cafe, El Pasaje, has been taking all my money because it is DELICIOUS. Here is a berry matcha that I devoured. And lots of Peruvian food is around- here is mine and Alaina's lunch of calamari and Peruvian fried rice (with shrimp, beef and chicken- YUM).
I went on two adventures this weekend. A day trip to Maitencillo, a small coastal town north of Viña, was beautiful. We ate some local sushi, walked all around, and saw the sun set on the water. There were loads of tide pools and we were able to find a few starfish and “otros equinodermos.”
My last trip to close out week 2 was back up to Con Con, another coastal “pueblo” that is known for their sand dunes and surfing. Eight of us took the 30 min bus ride up, bought some empanadas, rented wetsuits and boards ($8 a person- what!) and surfed for about 2 hours. It was epic! We were chilly from the water, so we all went out to dinner and warmed up with some risotto and “Chupa de Jaibas”- muy delicioso.
That’s all for now! More to come from week 3. I miss you all back home very much, but am having a blast here in Chile. Love you all!
Chao (from me and Pepa!) 🥰
Damn Char. Wow. I have no words. This passage of words might just have been the best passage of words I’ve ever seen in my life. Holy smokes. What a great week. What a day. What a city.
ReplyDeleteWow! Another very cool week. Sounds like you are having a great time, and enjoying some interesting food. Not sure I would be so adventurous, but then, you do eat eggs. 😱 Your classes sound interesting also. It’s great that you’re keeping all of us up to date on your adventures! 😎
ReplyDeleteQue linda Charlotte!
ReplyDeleteque chévere mi linda charlotte
ReplyDeleteLooks like you’re having lots of adventures in Chile. So much fun reading your Blog. Love and miss you, Gram
ReplyDelete