week THREE

                                                                 !Holi amigos!! ?Como estás?

This was a great week of settling in, getting used to my normal, everyday routine, and having fun! I started my art class, which is epic, and found this cool floor at a random cafe!


There weren't too many exciting adventures, but lots of movement of the body! Dance class on Lunes, runs with Alaina on Miercoles y Domingo, and rock climbing on Jueves.


Here are some more types of food I’ve been eating. A pesto chicken pizza at an Italian restaurant near my home, a typical meal of rice and fried egg con ensalada, and many many cafes (this is a typical drink in Chile, cafe helado: coffee with ice cream). (PS Mom, Gilda made me cansuela (popular Chilean soup that you made) this week, and it was very tasty)...


This week I spent lots of time at the beach. It’s only a 7 minute walk from my house, and so beautiful for the sunset. I am very grateful to live so close to friends, because we get to walk there all the time! Alaina and I made a Mancala game out of sand and rocks, and Mira and Charlotte were having a blast with this adorable perrocito!


A few more random moments from my week: spending a bit of time at the police station when we had a stolen wallet situation (don’t worry, nobody was hurt!!), calls back home and Kyle starting TBS (and learning how to tie a tie…), and a jazz concert with otros estudiantes de intercambio!


That’s all for now! I’m having a blast here making new memories and finally settling in to my new routine. I’ve made friends with some Chilean students in my art class, and feeling a bit more comfortable speaking Spanish (although I have much to learn still). Thanks for reading! 


Chao from me and Pepa!!


Comments

  1. Was expecting an action packed week, didn’t quite deliver but, must I say - I was not dissapointed. Very enjoyable read. Can’t wait for next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Charlotte. Another week of acclimating in a new culture, at a new school, with new friends, even some class work and studying.Good for you. I really enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Adios!

Week ONE!

Week TWO!