Week FOUR
Hola hola!! Another week down in the beautiful country of Chile!
Along with the usual classes, this week we had the exciting opportunity to visit a local high school for “English Day.” They were very fascinated, especially with my red hair, and told me I looked like Anne with an E and Max from Stranger Things. It was such a cool opportunity to connect with some local teenagers, play some sports, and chat over tea and biscuits. They gave us a show with a Chilean dance (one we’ve learned in our dance class!).
On miercoles, the international program at PUCV hosted a potluck. There were tons of students that participated in many countries all around the world, and everyone had to bring food from wherever they were from. I brought Boston creme donuts, Tom made s’mores, and we all ate soups, pastas, desserts, drinks, breads, and SO much more. It was DELICIOSO!!!
I am enjoying all of my classes so far, especially my dance and drawing class, where I am learning lots about the traditions of Chile. In my drawing class, I’ve met some new Chilean friends (hola amigos!!) who are SO talented and kind and help me understand what the professor says when I cannot (so all the time…)! Along with new friends here, I’ve been able to call loads of friends from back home, who I miss so dearly!!
My exciting adventure this week was a trip to Santiago! Alaina, Charlotte, Mira, Julia, Eleanor and I all took a bus to the city (about 1.5 hours away), checked into a super neat hostel, and explored. We ate some delicious tacos (La Bestia), found a contemporary art museum, walked through a park with gorgeous views, and had some bomb thai food. For breakfast we cooked a very yellow yummy meal of lemon crepes, eggs, mango, and juice, and explored the entire day (I had 25,000 steps by the end of the night). There was an art market throughout the city, which was epic, of course we went thrifting, and ended the night with a pub crawl hosted by our hostel. What an adventure!
Missing you all back home and can’t believe I’ve already been gone for a month. My time here is flying by (probably because I’m having so much fun), and I’ve already accomplished so much! I can’t wait for what the next four months entails!
Chao!!
jump rope queen
ReplyDeletehi ur the light of my life te amo yippee yahooo
ReplyDelete